Saturday, June 18, 2011

Write Like No One's Watching

A funny thing about writing things that will appear publicly, is that there are a whole lot of little mental stops which come up over ideas.
Like today I was feeling the usual sadness which Father's Day brings, and I thought I should write about it, but then I couldn't. It is too raw, and not easily made eloquent.

My writer pal Tammy put out a Father's Day writing prompt, on FB, which got me thinking of the emotion inherent in these kinds of holidays. So many of us do not have the traditional linear nuclear family... Mom and Dad married, biological kids all in common,  everyone normal, affluent, sane etc.

Not to say my own family is not really fabulous, we just aren't 'linear'.

I am lucky to have my Dad, with the palindrome name - Bob. He is first class.

For all of us with the various relationships to fathers living and dead, we are left with a forward looking, jumping off, somewhere -to-go place  - we can feel grateful to all men in the world who are nurturing people - men who care about children and youth in general. It is because of them that we can celebrate fatherhood tomorrow. Fatherhood is so much more than biological, padrisimo!

No comments:

Post a Comment