Thursday, June 9, 2011

Traveling

"Masters are under no cosmic compulsion to live on mountains only". .... " The Himalayas in India and Tibet have no monopoly on the saints. What one does not trouble to find within will not be discovered by transporting the body hither and yon. As soon as the devotee is willing to go to the ends of the earth for spirititual enlightenment, his guru will appear nearby".

From : 'The Sleepless Saint', Autobiography of a Yogi, Paramahansa Yogananda

The middle sentence, 'What one does not bother to find within....' is a principle on which I base my summer yoga offering in Cannon Beach -Yoga and Writing combined. This integration of disciplines is a concept I employ in my morning practice when I have the time (which lately seems not often enough). Now I will share the opportunity with a group for 2 luxurious hours of nothing to do but yoga and the words which emanate from this practice. All this, and the ocean air on a Sunday morning in July.
Class size is limited .. :) Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment