Tuesday, July 6, 2010

For My Peeps

Welcome to Heaven Now.

One of the hardest parts of starting a blog is creating a title which acts as a signpost to adequately portray the nuance of the subject matter. The title must also have the right search words to attract the searcher. (Having the word 'search' in the title seemed good) All humor aside, or even including all humor, I am glad you are here, and hope you are searching too, like me.

The heaven reference was inspired by a conversation with my Dad. He is a very fine, intelligent man, and a seriously good father. He is also a devout Catholic and puts a great deal of stock in 'eternal life'. As I think of eternal life, and what that means, I have come to realize it is a metaphor as are the positive and negative aspects of its loudly marketed options - heaven and hell.

If metaphor is your vehicle, let's ride this life story and find... heaven now. The option of waiting to die first is not a gamble that would appeal to an actuary, or to a lover of this life, here and now.

As to the order of the sustenance words in the title, love should, of course, come first. Yet love is sadly a broad, hackneyed word, utilized to a point of functionless verbage co-opted by Madison Avenue. ( I was just walking down Madison Avenue lately, I suspect they are hurting like many of the proletariat).
If we discuss reaching love through our practice, and the food which we offer the body, we can work our way toward love.. love of self, love of feeling good, and love in our work and our relationships.

So, we will explore how our practice, the food we consume, our thoughts and the way we spend our energies can help us follow our way to love.. to heaven now.

If you have an insight which fits this paradigm, you may write it here. I offer to you all the most unique information I can find, all the inspiration I can muster, all the encouragement you will accept, and my inimitable love.

A rising tide floats all boats... so lets search out heaven now!

No comments:

Post a Comment