Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Tears for Kamala

Today I got to watch Joe Biden's inauguration live. It was breakfast time for us, so eggs and hashbrowns with the images of new life being breathed into the houses of power in the U.S. When Kamala was saying her oath, I choked up and cried tears. It has been such a long wait since Geraldine Farraro ran for VP, more than 30 years ago. A woman VP has finally come before my life is over. I thnk I've been involved one way or another in Feminism or gender equity since I was 18. 47 years of hoping and being pummeled with the reality of patriacharcal power. We've been on a long and winding road. I am also jazzed that now I can talk about our president to my grand daughters. What a relief! May all the spirits, the gods and goddesses and God be with you lovely people who have come to be the human beings in our political world. May the gremlin(s) go away, far far away and never return.

No comments:

Post a Comment