Tuesday, January 4, 2011

People in the World

I wish everyone could travel more, to find that wonderful, intelligent, friendly people exist in great numbers all over.
The 2 young people who are practicing with me, a student of biology and his cousin , a sweet young woman studying international business, are delightful. We have practiced together twice now, and last night I tried an 'om' chant in the roman kiosk where we practice. The acoustics were so incredible, I had to ask Lilliana for a word, una pallabra, for extra extra cool- it is 'padrisimo'. The sound created was totally the best. Tonight I plan to try singing 'Om Ni Shavaya'  It should be out of this world.
Today we are trying the nearest vegetarian restaurant for the first time. Vegetables don't list high on the regular menus here.
Postscript - I just finished "The Lacuna', by Barbara Kingsolver. It goes onto my recommended list right away. I want everyone to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment