Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Riddles

I have a young reading student who I thought might respond to humor, so I looked up some riddles. There are plenty - I am happy to report-  of clever people writing these ditties and posting them in easy to locate sites. Bravo humor thinkers!
Periodically I get the sense that we don't laugh enough, that we take life too seriously. (Except for the weird celebrities and pundits that are journalistically puffed up and watched for diversion, which does nothing to tickle my funnybone)

So here are some of my favorite recent finds :


What is the cannibals favorite game?
Answer: Swallow the leader.

I wonder if Barack Obama can relate to that.
I just read that they want to oust David Wu because he sent a photo of himself in a (gasp) tiger costume to some of his staff. Wow. What has become of this place? The ghosts of the Puritans are busy busy. Someone thinks that a tiger costume makes a person unfit to be a Congressman. I like David Wu, and I think he looked cheerful in the costume. What is wrong with being cheerful?

Now, if you want to loose weight, take the advice of Miss Piggy:
"Never eat more than you can lift."

If that is taken out to it's pure end, well, you do the math. It can be applied to anything.

I really like this one - What do you do when a bull charges you?
Answer:  Pay him!

That is good advice for living within your means. But don't live being mean.
Maybe this is my reaction to the fact that Congress is trying to eliminate funding for all the best parts of our country - like Americorps and Planned Parenthood. Shock has caused me to wax nutty.

Those union members in Wisconsin are fantastic... I hope they live forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment